Saturday 8 March 2008

More Photographs From Cornwall

I have now edited some more photographs from my trip to Trebah and Heligan.

When I first started taking photographs, I would develop and print my own black and white film. The whole process, although very enjoyable, would take hours to print the perfect print, with a range of tones from the purest black to the purest white. Now with digital cameras and Photoshop, the process has been speeded up somewhat. It now takes minutes, to do what it used to take hours to do. I feel quite a fraud.

Henri Cartier-Bresson, never cropped his photographs. With exception of the photograph of the man jumping across a puddle. He photographed this through railings and so had to crop the image to get rid of unwanted distractions. I think in these times of digital photography, we rely too much on manipulating the photograph after the event instead of looking at the whole image in the viewfinder before shooting.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin