Sunday 13 April 2008

Out of Action


This is my second consecutive weekend without any gardening. I am visiting the Chiropractor at the moment and have been told to rest my arm and back. There are plenty of jobs to be getting on with in the garden and if it wasn't for the rain today, I might have been naughty and just done them, although my boyfriend has been keeping an eye on me, making sure I don't use my arm and shouting at me when I do.


So I decided instead to visit a garden centre. Two in fact. I had received a leaflet from our local Wyevale, in which I spotted a compost bin. We have a garden waste bin from the council but as I have so many vegetable peelings, which you can't put in the council compost bin, I thought I would get one. We then went to Stewarts garden centre. I purchased some tomato plants, Tumbler and Tumbling Joe, to put in two lovely wire wall baskets, my sister-in-law Mary gave me. I also purchased Gardeners World magazine, which contained 4 packets of free seeds, tomatoes, chillies, lettuce and basil. I use all of these in abundance, so I need to get cracking and plant them up, one handed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin