Monday 21 December 2009

Bright Winter Blessings



Today is the Winter Solstice. The day in which we welcome the return of the sun to the northern hemisphere.
Last night I went to my Solstice celebration, which was a truly wonderful night. The room was lit with candles and foliage of pine, ivy, mistletoe, hips and holly adorned the room.
The theme was about being fearless. About putting our plans into practise instead of putting them off through fear. We live in a fearful society with the governments and media fueling our fear but we should be bold, 'what if the worse isn't to happen'!
After my meditations and celebrations, I am now ready to welcome Christmas and the New Year in with a renewed vigour and optimism for the coming year. Another year to make my mark on the visual world!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin