Tuesday 27 May 2008

Monty Don


I was saddened to hear that Monty Don is stepping down from presenting Gardeners' World after suffering a mild stroke 6 weeks ago.

I really enjoyed Monty's presenting style and he will be missed from the show. Who said gardening was relaxing! Mind you, filming the programme took 12 hour days and after spending a considerable amount of time filming his Around the World in Eighty Gardens series, it's not surprising that he pushed himself to the limit. I thought he didn't look very well, when he was planting out his sweet peas, before he took a break. Thank goodness he is making a recovery and I wish him well.

Now begs the question, 'Who shall take his place'?

I wonder if Carol Klein and Joe Swift will manage the show for this season on their own and they will recruit a new member next Winter. Whoever it is, I hope it's someone with a passion for getting their hands dirty like Monty and the lovely Geoff Hamilton did and not a garden designer. Although Chris Beardshaw has quite a few fans amongst the ladies!

I wait to find out who will be chosen , along as it's not Alan!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin