Saturday 23 March 2013

NGS Book Launch 2013





Last Thursday we made our  way though the traffic to the Southbank from Dorset to attend the launch of the NGS 2013 Yellow Book.This year they have chosen one of my images, from the couple of gardens I visited last year, Atheling Villas in Hampshire and the photograph above was taken the previous year when I visited Tanglefoot near Winchester.
Founded in 1927 the NGS has donated more that 22m to charities over the last 10 years and this year they will be giving 2.128m to nursing and caring charities raised from 3800 private gardens opening in England and Wales last year.











After the book launch we headed over to the National Maritime Museum at Greenwich to see the Ansel Adams Exhibition Photography from the Mountains to the Sea.

I don't practise landscape photography, preferring the intimate perspective on life but it's a discipline I would love to learn. I love his photography and this quote from him...
"What I am trying to do in pictorial photography... is the representation of material things in the abstract or purely imaginative way."



















To finish off our trip, we travelled across town to Notting Hill to pay a visit to Granger & Co restaurant.

I have been a big fan of Bill Granger for many years and intend one day to visit his restaurant in Sydney. This I still want to do but until that day, I was very happy with my meal in Notting Hill.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin